The 9th Annual Divine Mercy Conference is set for Saturday, April 5, 2014. Our own Executive Director and Co-Founder of Good Counsel Homes, Christopher Bell, will be giving a talk entitled, “Witness to Mercy.” Chris’s hope, and the aim of his talk is to illustrate the limitless mercy of God.
“When a woman aborts her baby, she, the father of the baby, their parents, the entire family including siblings present and future will all suffer that loss. Does God’s mercy extend to all involved including the abortionists? Absolutely!
…. for that we pray. That all involved in every abortion will turn to the Lord seeking Divine Mercy.”
The speakers slated for the day include:
- Fr. Andrew Apostoli, CFR — co-founder of the Community of the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal and Vice-Postulator for the Cause of Canonization for Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen
- Fr. Michael Gaitley, MIC — Director of the Association of Marian Helpers, Author
- Dr. Scott Hahn — Professor of Theology and Scripture at Franciscan University of Steubenville and founder and director of the Saint Paul Center for Biblical Theology
- Msgr. James Lisante — Pastor, author, radio and television host and commentator
- Fr. Frank Pavone, MEV — National Director, Priests for Life and Missionaries of the Gospel of Life
- George Weigel — Distinguished Senior Fellow of Washington’s Ethics and Public Policy Center, Author.
In addition to the excellent speakers, the day will include the Holy Mass (Vigil for Sunday Mass) celebrated by Timothy Cardinal Dolan. The Sacrament of Reconciliation will be available as well as time for Eucharistic Adoration. We hope to see you there! If you aren’t able to make it this year, please pray for all those attending. We will be praying for Divine Mercy Sunday to be fruitful for all. Click here for some helpful information on how to prepare for Divine Mercy Sunday.