Good Counsel is joining thousands of non-profit organizations around the country for the 3rd annual #GivingTuesday. Christmas is about giving. God gave His greatest gift and in turn wants us to reflect His nature and be generous. Give, because He gave…
Here are 5 ways you can give to Good Counsel in support of our mission…
1. Donate. Your financial support will help us to continue rescuing mothers from homelessness and their babies from abortion. By donating to Good Counsel, you will give a mother and child a new life through the love, care, and Life Skills training they receive while part of the Good Counsel family. For your donation of $75.00 or more, we will send you a copy of the new biography about our co-founder, Father Benedict Groeschel.
2. Volunteer. Good Counsel has a lot of opportunities available for volunteering. Volunteers can join Good Counsel and help our families get a new start in life in a variety of ways, from the smallest details to the most complex. From fundraising and friend-raising to teaching, mentoring, and sharing time and talents, plenty of volunteer opportunities exist in both the Good Counsel offices and residences.
3. Host a charity event. Organize a special event with proceeds donated to Good Counsel Homes. Past events have included parish baby bottle campaigns, baby showers, and diaper and formula drives. Please call us for ideas and details at (201) 795-0637.
4. Spread the word. Many people hear about Good Counsel by word of mouth. The more people who know about us, the more mothers and babies we can help. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. Share our 24/7 Helpline and our website on social media.
5. Pray. Pray for the mothers in our homes currently. Pray for their babies and older children. Pray for the mothers who have moved on from Good Counsel that their lives continue in a positive direction. We humbly ask also, for prayers for our hard-working staff that are present at all of our homes 365 days a year. In return, we will pray for you… just let us know your intentions here.
Thank you for your consideration of Good Counsel this Giving Tuesday. Be sure to sign up for our mailing list to stay up to date on our good news! You will be in our prayers.
Good Counsel Homes, helping mothers & babies since 1985.