Good Counsel is a family for those in need, serving God who is the father of the orphan, defender of the widow, and who gives the lonely a home (Psalm 68). Good Counsel works diligently to help homeless pregnant women to safely have their new babies and provide Good Counsel mothers and their children shelter and comprehensive support while we help them gain the knowledge, skills, and confidence to be good mothers, capable of supporting their families in stable independence. This typically takes 12 to 15 months for each mother to complete our program and graduate. During this time Good Counsel provides meals, transportation, coordination of medical assessment and treatment for mothers and children, counseling, and especially Life Skills Training.
Currently, we are actively seeking candidates for the following positions:
Systems Administrator / Technical Support Analyst
Faith-based, pro-life organization seeking passionate Systems Administrator and technical support analyst for all aspects of technology, including mobile devices, computers, servers and networks for 7 locations in the NY-NJ area. Four years plus experience with small businesses. Additionally, the applicant must possess good communication skills; be willing to travel within the greater NY City area, and at times, beyond (candidate must have a vehicle); committed to the Catholic values of the organization. Competitive salary and benefits. Send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Resident Advisor, Bronx, NY
Catholic organization with a prolife mission seeks a compassionate and highly efficient team player to assist in the maintaining of a positive social, intellectual, emotional, and spiritual living environment for pregnant mothers and their children. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Attending to resident needs and helping to resolve issues.
- Teaching and advocating for the resident when necessary
- Monitoring the facilities in order to ensure resident safety and security.
- Participate in the proper operations of the home by enforcing house rules and policies.
- Preparing reports and maintaining appropriate documentation, as required.
- Facilitate multiple Life Skill courses for residents based on needs
- Overseeing congregate activities, such as meal times and life skill classes.
- Coordinating community service hours and other activities.
- Tracking residents, visitors, and volunteers within the home.
- Assisting with kitchen operations and clean-up as needed.
- Referring crisis situations or complex issues to the Supervisor.
Childcare Workers, Bronx, NY
Good Counsel is looking to hire a loving and passionate childcare worker responsible for supervising, nurturing, and caring for children typically from ages 6 weeks and older, before the child enters kindergarten. We require CPR certification and prior experience working in childcare in group settings. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Nurture and care for children while their parent is at work or school.
- Ensure proper hygiene is practiced and maintained
- Organize activities and implement curricula that stimulate children’s physical, emotional, intellectual, and social growth.
- Monitor child’s developmental pattern, suggest alternative care if necessary
- Ensure children have adequate supplies during care, such as diaper cream and diapers.
- Ensure proper documentation and report behavior to parents and managerial staff
- Educate parents on activities they can do at home with their children to enhance development.
- Prepare daily and long-term schedules of activities.
- Supervise children while they are playing outside or at a playground.
Please send resumes to the following email address: email@example.com.
Good Counsel Homes, Helping Mothers & Babies since 1985.