Good Counsel is a family for those in need, serving God who is the father of the orphan, defender of the widow, and who gives the lonely a home (Psalm 68).
Good Counsel works diligently to help homeless pregnant women to safely have their new babies and provide shelter and comprehensive support for them and their children. The women at Good Counsel gain the knowledge, skills, and confidence to be good mothers, capable of supporting their families in stable independence. This typically takes 12 to 15 months for each mother to complete the program and graduate. During this time Good Counsel provides meals, transportation, coordination of medical assessment and treatment for mothers and children, counseling, and especially Life Skills Training.
Currently, we are actively seeking candidates for the following positions:
Resident Advisor, Bronx, NY
Seeking a compassionate and highly efficient team player to assist in the maintaining of a positive social, intellectual, emotional, and spiritual living environment for pregnant mothers and their children. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Attend to resident needs and help to resolve issues
- Teach and advocate for the resident when necessary
- Monitor the facilities to ensure resident safety and security
- Participate in the proper operations of the home by enforcing house rules and policies
- Prepare reports and maintain appropriate documentation, as required
- Facilitate multiple Life Skills courses for residents based on needs
- Oversee congregate activities, such as meal times and life skills classes
- Coordinate community service hours and other activities
- Track residents, visitors, and volunteers within the home
- Assist with kitchen operations and clean-up as needed
- Refer crisis situations or complex issues to the Supervisor
Childcare Workers, Bronx, NY
Seeking loving and compassionate childcare worker responsible for supervising, nurturing, and caring for children typically from ages 6 weeks and older, before the child enters kindergarten. We require CPR certification and prior experience working in childcare in group settings. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Nurture and care for children while their parent is at work or school
- Ensure proper hygiene is practiced and maintained
- Organize activities and implement curricula that stimulate physical, emotional, intellectual, and social growth
- Monitor child’s developmental pattern, suggest alternative care if necessary
- Ensure children have adequate supplies during care, such as diaper cream and diapers
- Ensure proper documentation and report behavior to parents and managerial staff
- Educate parents on activities they can do at home with their children to enhance development
- Prepare daily and long-term schedules of activities
- Supervise children while they are playing outside or at a playground
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Good Counsel Homes, Helping Mothers & Babies since 1985.