Good Counsel is a family for those in need, serving God who is the father of the orphan, defender of the widow, and who gives the lonely a home (Psalm 68).
Good Counsel works diligently to help homeless pregnant women to safely have their babies and provide shelter and comprehensive support for them and their children. The women at Good Counsel gain the knowledge, skills, and confidence to be good mothers, capable of supporting their families in stable independence. This typically takes 12 to 15 months for each mother to complete the program and graduate. During this time Good Counsel provides meals, transportation, coordination of medical assessment and treatment for mothers and children, counseling, and especially Life Skills Training.
We are actively seeking candidates for the following positions:
Actively seeking passionate house manager able & willing to oversee Good Counsel’s home, caring for pregnant & parenting mothers with children. Creative, caring, compassionate person will supervise employees, oversee all aspects of daily activities and other related duties. Ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Human Services or related field, or two to four years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience plus driver’s license.
- Nurture and care for children while their parent is at work or school
- Ensure proper hygiene is practiced and maintained
- Organize activities and implement curricula that stimulate children’s physical, emotional, intellectual,
and social growth
- Monitor child’s developmental pattern, suggest alternative care if necessary
- Ensure children have adequate supplies during care, such as diaper cream and diapers
- Ensure proper documentation and report behavior to parents and managerial staff
- Educate parents on activities they can do at home with their children to enhance development
- Prepare daily and long-term schedules of activities
- Supervise children while they are playing outside or on a playground
We are also currently looking for a Maintenance Person for our Bronx, NY home.
Good Counsel Homes, Helping Mothers & Babies since 1985.