Several years ago, Good Counsel had the opportunity to chat with Father Benedict Groeschel, CFR, about several things including one of his favorite days of the year, Good Friday.
Father Benedict spent many years preaching at Good Friday Services but, as his health began to fade he was no longer able to do so.
Here in the last Good Friday reflection Father Benedict would make before his death in 2014. In it, Good Counsel’s co-founder speaks about the importance of this day and how appreciative he is of all who support the work of Good Counsel.
We pray Father Benedict would be proud of our recent accomplishments – all of which would not have happened without your support.
- 7,800 homeless mothers have found shelter and support at Good Counsel since 1985
- As of February 2019, 1,166 births since our first home opened on March 10, 1985
- Over 755,462 days of help and nights of shelter have been provided to homeless mothers and their children
- The average occupancy in our homes has been over capacity at 101%
- Our 24/7 helpline received 4,358 calls and online requests for help from pregnant moms and families in 2018. More than 40,000 people have been assisted through our helpline since it began in April of 1996.
- In 2018 57% of residents gained employment, and 54% of residents achieved educational advancement
- 14,148 mothers received professional one-on-one counseling sessions with their Case Managers in 2018.
Father Benedict: Pray for us!