Table of Contents
Thanks to You, Good Counsel is Fiscally Fit
We know that many people sacrificially give to Good Counsel in order to help the homeless, pregnant women who call and email us, and so it prudent for us to spend these dollars wisely and efficiently.
The following statistics show how we're doing this:
- The largest private residence for homeless mothers and babies in the US.
- Raised over $20 million over the 5 year period 2009-2013, averaging about $4 million per year.
- In 2014, $4.8 million was raised from over 11,000 donors across the US.
- No money from the government.
- Without including the value of thousands of hours from volunteer professionals and the full donated value of goods, 78% of funds went directly to the care of moms and babies.
- A down payment was made and funds reserved to purchase its home in South Jersey for $385,000.
- $150,000 has been reserved to reopen the Staten Island home.
- A cash balance that is approximately 4 times average monthly expenses, a ratio that excludes all designated donations and reserved funds.
Volunteer Board Treasurer, Good Counsel
March 13, 2015
To view more detailed financial reports, click here.